News and Events
Elizabeth Sissi Gill gave a magistral talk about the life of Walter Kohn during his time in Bolivia.
We presented two documentaries: Altiplanos, from Nayra Antezana and Bocamina, from Miguel Hilari.
Members of BBCommunity enjoyed Música para Respirar 24/7 launched by the Bolivian Chamber Music Society.
More News and Events
- Virtual talk – Fernando Montes: New art museum for la pazThe Fernando Montes Museum opened in La Paz, Bolivia in January 2019. It exhibits a permanent collection of paintings and drawings by one of Bolivia’s most distinguished artists. John Montes, the artist’s son and co-curator of the Museum spoke about the artist’s life and art and the creation of the Museum.
- Marta BosacomaIn Memory of Marta Bosacoma who was a very kind and generous lady.
- Fiesta BolivianaSummer Picnic in Regents Park Sunday, 30 August 2020 from 14:30 till 18:00 All ABS members, friends, families, children are cordially invited. Please bring drinks, refreshments, juices, salads, pasta, quinoa, salteñas – Bolivian specialities most welcome — sandwiches, cake, nibbles and fruit to share.
- Covid-19: Frontline Bolivia Rapid AidThe British – Bolivian Community – represented by the Anglo-Bolivian Society (UK), Anglo-Bolivian Committee (Bolivia), Chevening Alumni (Bolivia) and the British Scholars’ Association (Bolivia) – has raised £4,460 for the Covid-19: Frontline Bolivia Rapid Aid campaign, successfully surpassing its £4,000 target. Thanks to all the donors!
- Night of Bolivian films: Viernes de Soltero and AltiplanosGuadalupe Peres-Cajias will talk about on how “fiestas” in public spaces, located in zones usually inhabited by traditional middle and upper classes, illustrate the social tensions produced by the social mobility of popular classes in La Paz.